Asheboro, North Carolina
US$14 - US$16 per hour
6 months ago
Shipping/receiving clerk will work in the warehouse and will be responsible for handling all aspects of shipping and receiving, and keeping accurate records. On the shipping side, they package items, print labels, weigh packages and enter information into the computer using the UPS and FedEx platforms. As receiving clerks, they are responsible for comparing packing lists against actual merchandise received, inspecting for damaged goods and, once approved, distributing merchandise to the correct departments. Receivers will also be entered into the internal inventory system.
Shipping/Receiving Clerk's Duties and Responsibilities:
· Receives merchandise - checks and signs delivery slips, and assists with unloading as necessary
· Must have strong computer skills and abilities, navigating various shipping software programs as well as internal inventory software. Must maintain record-keeping systems.
· Inspects and verifies incoming goods against invoices or other documents, records shortages and rejects damaged goods
· Accepts or returns merchandise according to established company procedures
· Organizes distribution and shipping of merchandise. Makes necessary verifications against documents, unpacks and routes goods to appropriate areas.
· Must be able to operate forklift, hand truck or other equipment to load, unload, transport and store goods
· Contacts resource people for various information, will work closely with Customer Service as well as plant personnel.
· Assembles containers and crates, packs goods to be shipped and prepares identifying information and shipping instructions
· Knows safe storage and handling procedures for various chemicals and materials
· Takes inventory, maintains storage area, organizes and places stock on shelves. Ensures area is secure at all times.
· Other duties will include, preparing palletized shipments at the wrapper/weigh machine. Will affix any and all necessary labels applicable to the customer specifications for palletizing.
· Must be flexible, while shipping/receiving for most days will not consume all of the clerks time, he/she must be willing to work where needed on the plant floor.
*Hours are 7-3:30, some overtime may be required.
*This position is temp to hire
Staffing 360 Solutions and its offerings are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.