This individual will be responsible for directing production area processes. This person will report to the Production Manager and will also interface with Production areas, Shipping & Receiving areas, Customer Service, and Materials personnel to help ensure that everything needed is in place to satisfy customer demands on time.
- Must have at least 5 years of manufacturing management experience.
- Must have at least 3 years of warehouse experience.
- Must be experience with UPS shipping solutions and SAP knowledge.
- Ability to read and interpret a variety of production related documents
- Experience with measurement equipment preferred
- Must be able to read/write in English fluently
- Basic math skills required
- Strong attention to detail, efficiency, and accuracy
- Ability to Multi-task
- Capability to exercise independent judgment
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be a safety leader in the department to ensure the safety of all employees. Proactively report and/or resolve safety issues.
- Direct hourly employees in their daily tasks, assisting them as needed, troubleshooting of machine or process issues, timely reporting of any issues to the appropriate department(s).
- Provide training for new employees and employees transferring in from other areas.
- Advise the Production Manager of any overtime needs as necessary to meet the customers requirements.
- Work with Production Manager to shift resources as necessary to ensure the proper progression of production orders to meet customer demand.
- Ensure incoming parts are put up in a timely and organized matter.