about 2 months ago
The Process Technician – Injection Molding primary job is to set up, monitor and troubleshoot plastic injection molding machines. This requires specialized knowledge of materials, specific tools, and equipment.
- Responsible for IM machine processing systems within appropriate process guidelines;
- Responsible for working with the shift to maximize production requirements and to provide general direction to packer and/or utility employees on the shift.
- Insures that the quality of all products produced meet the customer’s specifications;
- Reviews daily production performance to insure that the department is meeting efficiency goals;
- Serves as an example for housekeeping and safety standards;
- Responsible for troubleshooting all process related issues, mold set-ups and other technical duties for the IM equipment. Set parameters and standards for such molds.
- Responsible for the training of molding techs.
- Works with maintenance staff to provide equipment maintenance for mechanical issues to insure that issues are corrected in a timely manner.
- Must be able to perform the duties of molding technicians.
- Must understand resin handling/unloading railcars.
- Complete all required process-related paperwork.
- Analyze process for improvement and advise management of such findings.
- Other duties as requested by the Department Operations Manager or Shift Leader
Ideal candidates will be operationally savvy, detail-oriented, and possess prior Injection Molding experience, with expertise in offering superior levels of customer service. Candidates should have flexibility to work an 8-hour or 12-hour day shift schedule.
- 5+ years of injection molding experience.
- Strong problem-solving, leadership and multitasking abilities
- The ability to work under pressure and handle challenging situations
- Excellent customer service, organizational, public speaking, and written/verbal communication skills
- Customer friendly, energetic, and highly organized
- Ability to lift/move up to 50 lbs.