11 days ago
Temp to hire
Press assistant will work with press operator with operation of presses in various degrees of size and complexity in order to obtain maximum production according to established quality procedures.
- Retrieve skids of paper unwrap and load into press
- In some cases carton or ream wrapped paper will need to be loaded manually requiring lifting up to 30lbs for extended periods
- Prepares the press for running by having Ink pre-mixed and ready. Has paper ready to load into press.
- Basic knowledge of operating press feeder, Starting and stopping the press, hanging Blankets, hanging plates, loading and unloading coating totes, adding and removing ink from the press.
- Knowledge of washing up units and making read to run.
- Directs or assists in directing the press crew and temporary employees.
- Must have good understanding of offset printing
- Obtains and maintains register and color during the make-ready and production processes.
- Checks components of printed piece while running to ensure that customer and quality specifications are met.
- Assists with training of new crew members.
- Set up inline finishing systems.
- Works in conjunction with the press operators and other assigned crew members in the preventative maintenance of the presses.
- Adjusts ink, and varnish to ensure that proper color is established or maintained throughout the run.
- Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to the proper handling of hazardous waste, lock out – tag out rules and hearing and eye protection policies.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Must be capable of being trained to operate the press and run simple jobs on the press in 6 month period
- It is the responsibility of all employees to follow the requirements of their documented process as defined in the ISO Quality Manual.