4 months ago
Temp to hire
The Inventory Control Specialist tracks inventory and stock changes. Responsible for overseeing inventory control, managing deliveries, inspecting inventory, maintaining inventory records, and ordering products.
- Maintains consistent stock of inventory, ordering new stock up to pre-authorized limit as inventory dwindles.
- Establishes and maintains backup source for high-demand items.
- Assesses inventory reports and order patterns to identify items in need of automatic, recurring delivery.
- Provides inventory reports to purchasing and inventory control manager.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with vendors.
- Maintains accurate daily records of goods received and shipments made.
- Manages and maintains inventory system; facilitates upgrades to related database and/or software under the direction of the purchasing or inventory control manager.
- Conducts frequent spot and partial audits of physical inventory.
- Assists with periodic (at least annual) physical inventory audits.
- Operates forklift truck when necessary.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
- Excellent communication skills with warehouse workers, purchasing department, and outside vendors.
- Basic understanding of inventory control procedures.
- Proficient keyboarding skills.
- Extremely organized and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to develop professional relationships with outside vendors.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations.