8 days ago
An industrial Manufacturing Company has an immediate opening for a Buyer Specialist at its manufacturing facility in Greensboro, NC. This position is a critical link in the supply chain that serves our customers and focuses on all aspects of the supply chain of this division. The principal function of this position is to ensure that the essential business functions of the Purchasing department are processed appropriately and effectively with a positive, customer-centric attitude.
The Primary Duties include:
- Issue purchase orders
- Track and maintain the status of purchase orders, reporting delivery issues to affected supervisors/departments. Expedite orders as necessary to satisfy production/project requirements.
- Handle all purchasing requests/needs/issues for indirect supplies and projects, assisting with raw materials as needed.
- Work closely with relevant departments to ensure materials purchased are in line with the needs of the company.
- Monitor supplier’s ship/delivery dates; identify past-due dates and contact suppliers to develop a course of action to expedite orders.
- Schedule and manage all inbound shipments.
- Update MRP system with purchase order details (due dates, item numbers, quantities, pricing) from supplier’ confirmations
- Research and make the necessary adjustments for the “needy” invoices from A/P to ensure timely payment.
- Work with the warehouse/shipping staff to ensure all inbound shipments are accurate, in good condition and are warehoused properly.
- Process all receiving paperwork and enter receipts into QAD.
- Ensure that all COAs are received correctly and on-time.
- Communicate all non-compliance issues to the Purchasing Manager.
- Perform other related job duties as required.